On Christmas Day, I woke up at 4 am, very alert, and after having just gone to bed at around 1 am, I thought it would be a good idea to put the coffee on and just go with it. Will this be a terrible idea around 6 pm today? Well, we’ll see!
And I made a list of a few of the things that crossed my mind –
1) “It’s 3 am and I must be lonely.”
I always think of this song if I’m up early at an ungodly hour. Every time. So if you’re awake right now too, here’s the song for you –
2) “Why does my scalp itch so badly?”
For some odd reason, this is definitely a question and a reality for me if I’m up really late or very early. Scalp itch.
3) “I really should’ve written down that dream.”
Sometimes if I have a really good dream and I wake up from it, I try to tell myself to remember it. Then I forget. And then I’m too awake to go back to sleep.
4) “Is there a Starbucks open right now?”
Ideally a drive through, because no chance will I change out of pajamas at this time of morning.
5) “It’s Christmas. Will I see Santa?”
Not that I believe in Santa anymore. Or that I expect to see his sleigh. That would be ridiculous.
6) “If this was a horror movie, I would totally see a ghost right now.”
7) “Why do I have such bad gas?”
I’m sure it was the casserole from the night before. Damn peas. But a girl does have to wonder.
8) “If I went for a walk around the block, which one of my weird neighbors would be awake too?”
9) “There’s nothing on television right now at all.”
Plus they have terrible commercials at this time of morning. Who do they think is awake right now? And how necessary is it to have so many phone sex commercials?
10) “I’m getting tired, it’s now 8 am, and my whole day is screwed.”
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night, my early birds and night owls!